Friday, April 17, 2020

What a gem 💎



Happy Friday!  This week’s CCC  newsletter is all about crystals and gems.  I  don’t color crystals or gems very often but doing something new is always fun!
First I colored the crystals with gel pens.  Start at the base with a dark color then  use a damp paint brush to blend towards the point.  Add lighter colors as you move the the point.  For a good video tutorial see Vitruvian art on You tube.
Cut out the colored crystal formation and trace it onto black card stock

I used Brea Reese metallic crayon to create a glow, but I hated the lines so I turned it into a huge glow.  It isn’t what I wanted but it works!

This is the card I made using this weeks premium image by guest illustrator Eny Dunn (Doodledaisiesandink).   Want the premium image? Sign up for the premium membership today just $15 a year at Oddballartstamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple birthday card

 Hi Everyone I am back with a cute little birthday card for my second  Clever Dexter  for the April challenge.  This month our theme is Anyt...