Monday, February 17, 2020

Miss Ruby


My second inspirational project for  Clever Dexter challenge-2   uses the beautiful Ruby Prom image from this month’s sponsor Polkadoodles.  The optional color pallet this month is pink, red, teal and grey.  I elected to use pink and red from this pallet but with accents of gold and white.  I think Ruby is a confident young lady so I gave her bubble gum pink hair (Prismacolor pencils 195,929,928 and 195) and sparkling dark pink dress (994,995,996,1001 and 1014).  Her crinoline is metallic gold with Wink of Stella over the top. I used candy apple red, picked raspberry and worn lipstick to blend the first panel.  I then applied metallic gold Brea Reese watercolor creams to the hearts in order to make them pop. I finished the panel with white paint splatter.  I popped Ruby up with foam squares and placed her on a die cut/ embossed  panel.  

Ruby is a spunky gal who isn’t afraid to wear pink from her head to her toes!
The second layer is a die cut panel distressed with vintage photo.  The third panel is die cut from pink and white paper (Paper Studio collection) and distressed with vintage photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple birthday card

 Hi Everyone I am back with a cute little birthday card for my second  Clever Dexter  for the April challenge.  This month our theme is Anyt...